fire
Firefighters from Oneida and Winfield battle a blaze at the Oak Park Apartment Complex early Tuesday morning. (Independent Herald photo/Paul Roy)

 

A multi-alarm fire during the pre-dawn hours Tuesday caused substantial damage to the Oak Park Apartment Complex on Sandcut Road.

The 3:30 a.m. blaze reportedly started as a grease fire in one of the apartments and quickly spread to a neighboring unit. Two multi-family units were damaged, one of them nearly completely destroyed.

Oneida Fire Department was first on the scene, with assistance from the Winfield Fire Department and others.

To continue reading, please subscribe to the Independent Herald. If you are already a subscriber, email subscriptions@ihoneida.com to receive login credentials. If you are a subscriber who is logged in and believe you are seeing this message in error, please email subscriptions@ihoneida.com or call 423-569-6343.