Law enforcement officers busted two methamphetamine labs at separate Oneida residences on New Year’s Eve, arresting three suspects in the process.

According to Scott County Sheriff’s Department narcotics agent Kris Lewallen, county officers teamed up with the Oneida Police Department in the operation, which began as an effort to retrieve stolen property.

According to Lewallen, he was accompanied by Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Danny Phillips and deputies Lisa Anderson and Tyler Cross, along with Oneida Police Department officer Blake Murphy, to the residence of Dustin and Amanda Slaven on West 3rd Street in Oneida, near the Scott County Fairgrounds.

“The purpose of our visit was to investigate a stolen property complaint,” Lewallen said.

Upon arrival, Lewallen and Phillips allegedly noticed cut lithium batteries outside the residence. Meth cooks typically remove lithium strips from the batteries as part of the meth-manufacturing process. Officers also allegedly noticed an empty ice compression pack container outside the residence.

After gaining access to search the premises, officers allegedly found what Lewallen termed a “large meth lab” in a camouflage back pack, along with several items used to manufacture meth.

Allegedly, Dustin Slaven admitted to officers that he had been manufacturing meth. Both he and his wife were arrested.

The Slavens were described by law enforcement officers as “repeat meth offenders.” They were last arrested on charges of manufacturing the drug in May 2012.

Evidence at the scene led Murphy, Phillips and Cross to a second residence on nearby Stanley Street, where a one-pot meth lab was allegedly seized. Jerry Matthew Foster, 28, was arrested.

All three suspects were charged with promotion of methamphetamine manufacture, manufacturing meth, initiating the process to manufacture meth, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of more than 0.5 grams of meth.

In a separate incident, officers recovered a meth dump site in the 2800 block of West Robbins Road on Dec. 26. Meth lab technicians Eric Newport and Lewallen handled the cleanup of the site.