KNOXVILLE — Scott High's James Kries finished second in the triple jump at Thursday's track meet at Halls High School here.
Competing against jumpers from Central, Claiborne County, Gibbs, Halls, Seymour and Union County, Kries finished second with a distance of 31 ft., 10 in.
Kries also finished fourth in the high jump, with a height of 5 ft., 4 in. In the long jump, Kries recorded a distance of 16 ft., 8 in.
Other highlights of Thursday's track meet included:
• The Lady Highlanders' 4x800 relay team — consisting of Sidney Duncan, Hannah Cross, Trista Heath and Kristin Lewis — finished third, with a time of 14:13.
• The Highlanders' boys' 4x800 relay team finished fourth, with a time of 11:07. The team consists of Cade Botts, Andrew Hamby, Marcus Chambers and Gary Jeffers.
• Amanda Ellis finished fifth in the 1,600 meter run, with a tmie of 7:09. Kailey Pemberton finished with a time of 8:01, while Cross finished with a time of 8:01. Marcus Chambers also finished fifth in the 1,600 meter run, with a time of 5:09. Botts finished with a time of 5:38 and Jeffers with a time of 5:49.
• The girls 4x100 meter relay team finished third with a time of 1:08. The team consists of Bridget Chambers, Heaven Smithers, Tessa Sharp and Caroline Assum.
• The 4x200 girls relay team also finished fourth, with a time of 2:19. The team consists of Chambers, Lewis, Sharp and Abbey Overton.
• Overton finished third in the 300 meter hurdles, with a time of 1:00.
• Chambers came home fifth in the 800 meter run, with a time of 2:18, followed by Cade Botts (2:32) and Andrew Hamby (2:42).
• The boys and girls 4x400 relay teams each finished fourth, with times of 4:22 and 6:13, respectively. The boys' team consists of Gibson, Chambers, Botts and Jeffers, while the girls' team consists of Duncan, Smithers, Cross and Assum.
• Summer Botts recorded a distance of 17 ft., 1 in. in the shot put, and a distance of 46 ft., 3 in., in the discus throw.
• Heaven Smithers posted the best team time in the 100 meter dash, at 15.81. Logan Siudak posted the best team time among the boys, at 11.81.