JAMESTOWN — Scott High performed well in Thursday's first track-and-field meet of the season here, recording a number of individual honors in the event, which also featured York Institute and Clarkrange.
Among the highlights:
• Summer Botts won the discus throw, with a distance of 43 ft., 9 in. Botts finished fourth in the shot put, with a distance of 19 ft. In the boys' discus throw, Andrew Norman finished third with a distance of 70 ft., 2 in.
• Marcus Chambers won the 1,600 meter run, with a time of 5:31. Scott's Gary Jeffers finished third, with a time of 5:59, while Andrew Collins finished fourth with a time o 6:50 and Andrew Hamby finished fifth with a time of 7:15.
• Chambers also won the 3,200 meter run, with a time of 11:59. Scott's Cade Botts came home second, with a time of 12:22.
• Kailey Pemberton won the girls' 3,200 meter run, with a time of 18:33.
• Zach Gibson won the 200 meter dash, with a time of 25.7 seconds. Finishing third from SHS was Josh Roden, with a time of 26.7. Dylan Allen came home iffth, with a time of 28.1.
• Chambers won the 800 meter run with a time of 2:31. Gary Jeffers came home second with a time of 2:42, while Hamby finished fourth with a time of 3:02.
• Scott's boys' 4x200 meter relay team brought home first place honors, while the girls 4x200 meter relay team, both 4x100 meter relay teams and both 4x800 meter relay teams all came home second.
• In the girls' 400 meter dash, Adrianna Smith finished ninth with a time of 1:33, while Tessa Sharp finished 10th with a time of 1:36.
• In the girls' 800 meter run, Heaven Smithers finished second with a time of 3:19, while Amanda Ellis finished third with a time of 3:24 and Trista Heath finished sixth with a time of 3:56.
• In the girls' 200 meter dash, Kristin Lewis finished seventh with a time of 35.9 seconds, while Tessa Sharp finished eighth with a time of 41.1 seconds.
• In the long jump, James Kries finished fourth with a distance of 17 ft., 1 in. In the high jump, Kries finished second, at 5 ft., 2 in.
• In the girls' 100 meter dash, Abbey Overton finished eighth with a time of 15.3 seconds. Tessa Sharp finished ninth with a time of 15.6 seconds.
• In the boys' 100 meter dash, Zach Gibson finished third, with a time of 11.9 seconds, followed by Logan Siudak (fourth, 12.0 seconds), Josh Roden (sixth, 12.1 seconds), Dylan Allen (eighth, 12.2 seconds) and Daniel Mayse (12th, 12.7 seconds).
• In the girls' 1,600 meter run, Amanda Ellis finished second with a time of 7:48, while Kailey Pemberton finished third with a time of 7:54.