HUNTSVILLE — A pursuit through Oneida ended when the suspect crashed his vehicle on Grave Hill Road and was apprehended Saturday, Dec. 29, by Scott County Sheriff’s Department deputies.
That incident was part of a six-day interdiction effort that saw charges filed against nearly 20 people by Sheriff’s Department personnel over the New year’s weekend.
The Sheriff’s Office announced last week the filing of charges against 19 motorists as part of the interdiction effort, including a variety of drug-related charges and violation of probation charges after fugitives were stopped on local roadways.
“This was an exhaustive, six-day effort where our primary goal was to crack down on criminal activity on local roadways,” Sheriff Mike Cross said.
Charges were filed against a total of 19 suspects during the six-day period, which began Dec. 27 and ended New Year’s Day. Some of those charged were cited into court; others were arrested.
Among them was the Dec. 29 incident, in which an Oneida man allegedly led officers on a pursuit through town before crashing his vehicle.
James Creekmore, 31, was charged with felony evading arrest, DUI and theft over $1,000 after being apprehended.
According to reports, a deputy witnessed Creekmore running a stop sign and attempted to stop the vehicle. Creekmore allegedly led assistant chief deputy
Andy Lewallen and deputy Mike Keeton on a pursuit through the back streets of town before crashing his vehicle on Grave Hill Road.
A minor who was a passenger in Creekmore’s vehicle was also taken into custody.
• William Eric Rogers, 40, of Sunbright: possession of Schedule II drugs and drug paraphernalia.
• Christy Barnes, 26, of Robbins: possession of a Schedule III drug for resale.
• Hershel Lawson, 46, of Kentucky: violation of the open container law and vehicle registration law.
• Kimberly Humsleet, 39, of Winfield: possession of a Schedule III drug.
• Tiffany Buttram, 30, of Winfield: possession of drug paraphernalia, violation of the light law.
• Brittany Morgan, 22, of Robbins: simple possession of marijuana, seatbelt violation.
• Larry Ball, 45, of Kentucky: possession of Schedule III drugs, Schedule IV drugs and violation of the light law.
• Rhonda Phillips, 48, of Robbins: DUI.
• Michelle Phillips, 33, of Robbins: driving on a revoked or suspended drivers license, reckless driving.
• George Allen Davis, 43, of Oneida: DUI, driving on a revoked or suspended drivers license.
• Donnie Ray West, 31, of Robbins: public intoxication, disorderly conduct and violation of probation.
• Thomas Slaven, 39, of Kentucky: disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• Christopher Slaven, 24, of Kentucky: disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
• Jeffery Myers, 29, of Robbins: possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to appear and violation of probation.
• Delbert Jeffers, 41, of Oneida: violation of probation.
• Joseph Carroll, 37, of Huntsville: DUI and simple possession of marijuana.
• Heather Morrow, 24, of Kentucky: possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of the light law.
• Scott Pemberton, 55, of Robbins: simple possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of the light law.